Step 2: Recruitment
Recruitment is simply the process of adding like-minded individuals to an
Optimist Club for the purposes of "Bringing Out the Best in Kids!"
Four Stages of Recruitment
Prospective Members want to know three things:
- Develop a short elevator pitch to answer, "What is an Optimist
An elevator pitch is a brief sound bite that succinctly and memorably
introduces what an Optimist Club is. The pitch also:
- Spotlights uniqueness
- Focuses on benefits
- Should be delivered effortlessly
- Develop a core group of key people who would be like-minded in helping
to identify and solve needs in the community.
- Invite them to learn more about what an Optimist Club is and what
it will do.
- After they have adequate knowledge of what the Club is, and what they
will do, ask them to join.
New Club Resource Materials
- Who you are
- What you do
- What you want them to do
New Club Cost Breakdown
Benefits of Being an Optimist Club